Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

factofmyth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2009
I am trying to transfer some files from my mac book to a pc on the same wireless network. I've made a folder on the PC and shared it, opened read and write privileges and everything.

My macbook pro sees this folder but for some reason can't see any of the files in it, and apparently can't put any files larger than a few kb in it. I've been trying to transfer some larger files, 7 gb, to the shared folder... which is on a drive with 422 gb of free space... it will start transferring the file and it will tell me "est time about an hour" then an hour later it will give me an error, saying the disk is full and cancel everything its just been trying to do for the last hour.

Is there some size limit to how much the macbook pro will let you transfer? What is the deal here? clearly the disk ISN'T full... 7 gb is not greater than 422 gb... I am very confused also to why I can't see any of the files that in the shared folder. Does anyone know what the problem is here?

p01ntbl4nk

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
Singapore
what's the file system for the PC HDD?
FAT32 cant handle more than 4GB on a single file..
why not reverse the logic..
install an sftp client on the PC and download the file from there?

BiggieBoreal

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2009
Spain
less complex

I think you are trying to do things the hard way. Get a USB drive and drag your files to it. Insert it on your PC and drag them to your disk. Doesn't it sound easier?

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009

get paragon ntfs or macdrive...paragon will allow your mac to read and write to ntfs partitions and macdrive will allow your pc to read and write HFS+ partitions. That likely isn't your problem in this case however it will definately make sharing files between them either by usb drive or whatever much much easier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.