Transfering files from Older OS to 10.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mkeller1397, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Mkeller1397 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

Im new to this forum, and my dad owns a business where they use macs to do there design work. Well my dad has 3 different macs, all with different operating systems, and would like to be able to transfer the different jobs (design work) between the 3 computers, or at the least, have one computer be able to have all of the jobs stored and able to edit/reprint the job with one comp. The program that they use is called flexi and is a sign design program. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get these files to work on different OS' then what os they were originally saved on, and as well as be able to get fonts from that were saved on one OS to be brought over and used on a different OS
    Any and all help will be greatly appricated, thanks for your time in advanced

-Mike

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

3. Mkeller1397 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry i am not positive, but i will check to get a definite answer tomorrow, but i believe that one is 9.0 and the other is 9.2 if that sounds right?....once again sorry about not knowing this, while asking such a complex question...

-Sorry Mike

Also i know that both of them are G4's if that helps

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

It's entirely dependent on the app. The files produced by any given application rarely have a problem unless the underlying app changes substantially (Office 2007, anyone?).

Apparently, Flexi 8 for Mac has been promised for years, and was promised during the last WWDC to be ready last fall with 10.5 support. Still no word. Here's their website: http://www.saintl.biz/

5. Mkeller1397 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey,

thank you for that site, and that info it helps alot... I'm really new to the mac scene and my dad is pretty much computer illiterate lol, so i try to help him the best i can but i just got my first mac a couple days ago so im not very familiar with it yet, but i really do love it.