transfering from vhs to dvd

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by pavelbure, Jul 17, 2007.

1. pavelbure macrumors 6502a

can someone direct me to a decent capture device i can use to take vhs tapes and burn them to dvd. i'm not sure whether i will be getting a macpro or new imac yet. i would like to import them, make any edits i need to make, then burn to a dvd. these are all home videos,nothing illegal.

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

There was just recently a threat about a similar subject. Basically your two choices are to get something like the Canopus ADVC110, or to find a cheap DV camera that takes composite input from your VCR.

Either of those options would be fine with any Apple computer you decide to purchase.

3. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

If you were thinking about having a TV tuner as part of your set-up, the Miglia TVMax captures input from a VCR exactly the same way as your TV signal, and saves direct to .mp4*, so you could either burn data DVDs directly from the files, or import them into iDVD to add menus 'n' stuff.

Cheers!

Jim

*Important disclaimer - my TVMax predates this feature and the cessation of bundling the product with EyeTV, so I have never actually done this.