Transfering game saves

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jwhite878, Sep 9, 2010.

1. jwhite878 macrumors regular

Hey guys. Just got the new touch. Is there any way to transfer game save data? It's not a big deal but would be nice. Thanks!

2. Drucifer macrumors regular

This is something Apple doesn't make easy.

I wonder if it is possible to create a backup of your old iPod Touch then restore that backup to the new device.

3. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

Well; upgrading iphone models has always presented me with the "setup as new or restore from backup of..." dialog, so I presume the touch would have the same option.
    But, no; it isn't made easy. Hopefully some of the gamecenter functionality is going to address this issue?!

4. jwhite878 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah Game Center would be a way to fix it. Maybe saving them to a server? Well anyway, it's not a big deal, but do you know any other way to get games that are on my old touch on to the new one? It copies them very slowly. I was thinking of calling apple and having them credit my account or something. They did once before when I forgot to transfer purchases.

5. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

how would they credit your account? Wouldn't the money you already spent on apps been given to the developer of the app and then if you get the credit you could buy some other different app instead? Do they really issue itunes credit?

6. jwhite878 thread starter macrumors regular

Probably not, but I lost like 15 songs and they let me repurchase them free of charge.

7. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

I've lost songs too and been given a way to download it again. But i don't think they issue credits they just give you the same songs to download.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes you can do this. Just backup your iPod in iTunes, then attach new iPod, and select "restore from backup."