Transfering iPhoto 08 library to Leopard...A few Questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Hecklerdanny, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I'm upgrading to Leopard this weekend. I'm planning on doing a clean install, and formatting the drive. I currently have iPhoto 08 with a pretty large library. I've noticed that there is some strange "iPhoto 08 library" icon "thing" in my Pictures folders. Can I just copy or move that icon thing to the Pictures folder once I have Leopard installed and will it all work normally? Anything else I'll need to know?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Yes, you can copy the whole library folder off your drive, install 10.5, install iLife, move the folder back...open iPhoto..all pics will be there,

3. Hecklerdanny thread starter macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

Thanks. That was part of my question, is that in previous versions of iPhoto there was an actual Folder, but now in iPhoto 08 there is an icon for the library or something. I checked and it's Gig's large in size, so I think it's got everything in it. So moving that back over into my Pictures folder in Leopard will keep my library in tact after the install?

Thanks in advance.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

yes, it's the same as the previous iPhoto library...it just has an icon.

5. Hecklerdanny thread starter macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

Perfect. Thanks.

6. elbirth macrumors 65816

One thing I found odd is that when I copied over my iPhoto library when installing Leopard, it kept my Events, but not my Albums...

7. MrMoore macrumors 6502

Yeah, in iPhoto '08 they changed the Library to be a package file. If you right-click (Ctrl-Click) on the file and choose Show Package. You will see the database folders.

:)