Transfering issues (taking songs off iPod)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by srtoomey, Mar 14, 2010.

1. srtoomey macrumors newbie

Ok so it maybe a simple solution.

For Christmas I put all my Christmas albums on the iPod Touch 8G. Now since it's almost Spring it's time for them to go so I don't have to put it on Shuffle and keep skipping past the Christmas music.

Right now, I'm highlighting them one by one and deleting them off the iPod. There HAS to be a faster and efficient method that I can't seem to find.

Hints?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you're manually managing your music and videos, there is no more efficient method. You can hold down on control (on a PC) or :apple: (on a Mac) and select multiple items at the same time and then delete. Alternatively you really should consider setting up syncing to populate your iPod. Then when you want to remove content, just uncheck your Christmas playlist and click Apply to sync the changes.

3. rhythmac macrumors 6502

rhythmac

its easy, if all of your mp3's are properly tagged. If they are,
    • connect your ipod to the comp and open iTunes
    • click on your ipod in the left column, then click on the music icon (left side of iTunes)
    • on the "genre" tab, click...that will sort your music ...then all of your christmas music will be together
    • Highlight them all and delete!

4. bobovic64 macrumors newbie

But songs not LEAVING playlist

I have a related problem. I removed songs from a playlist when I added new ones because I am at my Ipod's memory capacity. But, although the songs no longer show up on the playlist, they have not been deleted from my Ipod. Am I missing something?

Thanks,