transfering itune from pc to mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by khoward1972, Mar 27, 2010.

1. khoward1972 macrumors newbie

If i transfer music from my pc to my macbook and if the are viruses in my music will the transfer also?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No, as there are no viruses for Mac OS X, and even if you go infected .mp3 or other music files, those viruses are written for Windows, and they can't run on Mac OS X.

Also have a look at MRoogle to find plenty of virus angst threads and the typical answers one gets there.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Windows viruses don't run on Mac OS X and can not affect your Mac.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

You can't have viruses in your music, mp3 files are mp3 files, you can't program malicious code into them. If your PC has viruses, the source of them are probably from the program you use to download music or lack of anti-virus software or poor judgement when surfing the web or downloading applications.

Your question is incomplete, it is lacking a few verbs and nouns to actually make sense, so I'll try and answer as best I can.

PC viruses do not affect Macs at all, you could have 50 of them on your mac's hard drive without any problems, as they aren't programmed to be read by the Mac OS X operating system.

In short, you can transfer any amount of music you want, it'll work, and that's all there is to it.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Actually, the question was complete and not lacking any verbs or nouns; only 3 letters (and a couple commas, for readability):
    Still, it made perfect sense.
    The OP did not mention mp3 files. They asked about their music, which can include files other than mp3s. Some music files CAN contain viruses, but they wouldn't run on a Mac.

6. khoward1972 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I should have proof read my post before submitting. Thanks for the responses.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your post was fine. There's no need to apologize.