Transfering itunes music, apps etc to a new Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by guitarboy53, Jun 25, 2010.

1. guitarboy53 macrumors newbie

guitarboy53

Hi All,

I want to update my iPhone 3g to the new iOS4. Unfortunately, its been a while since my last back up on my PC. Basically, my PC that contains all my music and apps is fried and I cant turn it on. I have a new MacBook, but havent used the MacBook itunes. When I go to update to the new system on the MacBook, how do I get my music and apps from my iPhone to the MacBook? Is there any way without loosing my music?

Thanks in advance!

2. notmymac macrumors member

If your music and apps were purchased in the Itunes store all you need to do is use the transfer purchases feature...If not.....well there are a variety of third party apps that can browse your Iphone like a disk and allow you to manually copy over your stuff

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

As the poster stated above, you can use 3rd party software, but it’s going to be awhile before they work. Sharepod (free) is the best, but it’s not updated for iTunes 9.2 yet.

4. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

If you're still going to use iTunes can you access your iPhone through iFun or iPhoneBrowser and just drag the code-named music/video folders to iTunes? It should recognize them since they oth us the same code name right?

I haven't used that but I think it should work.

Hope it helps.