Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nmbrinkman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
So my uncle passed and among family heirlooms that I picked up he also left me his iMac. For the longest time all we had needed was a cheap laptop to keep our iTunes on for our iPhones and for internet access. With the addition of this desktop, I'd like to make it just as functional as my PC for my needs. The mp3 files on my uncles iMac were stored on a external drive so I just deleted his library. Here's my issue. I want to make the iTunes on my iMac just like the iTunes on my PC. Is there a way to upload all of my music from my iPhone to the current iTunes or do I have to put all of my music on a disk and transfer it that way? Or is there a better way that I'm not aware of?

bryce600rr

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2010
i just got through doing this from my pc to my new imac.. i tried doing it by backing up my itunes on my pc to dvd's but it wouldn't transfer everything for some odd reason.. so i just did it with a external hard drive and it work perfectly.. just google it because there are some settings that need to be changed in itunes so it will all transfer correctly..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.