Transfering photos from mac to iphone in full resolution

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by LayneeMarko, May 7, 2014.

1. LayneeMarko macrumors newbie

Any one knows good tool to backup all camera roll photos and restore them at some point? I have a lot of photos on my iphone, and i want to do a clean restore with set up as new iphone..

When i backup photos with iPhoto to my Macbook, and when i restore those photos, they are not restored in best quality... Dont know why...

So, any one got answer?

Thanks in advance

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

plug it in to your Macbook and copy the camera roll?

Your Macbook should mount the iphone as a USB type drive you can access when it is plugged in. Look for the DCIM folder.

3. LayneeMarko thread starter macrumors newbie

Transfering photos from mac to iphone in full resolution

Yes, but i was talking about transfering full resolution photos back to iPhone :)

P.s. Macbook is not mounting iphone as drive, iphone and itunes are recognizing it..

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Unfortunately, Apple is too limiting. I would recommend using Dropbox for this.

5. Eau Rouge, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014

Eau Rouge macrumors regular

Dropbox/cloud is a very pain free way to do this.

You can also use iTunes file transfer into the iOS version of iPhoto. Then export the images back to Photos.app. This also works with many 3rd party photo/media library apps.

I've done this with 4k x 3k files and the resolution is preserved although the file size is not identical. Problem with these methods is that they just dump everything into the Camera Roll...

6. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Since when can you write to the camera roll?

7. Eau Rouge macrumors regular

You're right. You can't copy directly to the camera roll. I probably got that confused with something else.