Transfering pictures from Camera

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sallylynn812, Jun 1, 2011.

1. sallylynn812 macrumors member

So I'm not liking this so far about my new Mac.
    I like how I did it in windows and I'd like to have my files/folders remain consistent.
    I don't like using Iphoto. I don't want to have to "Show contents" of the app in order to get to the image file. And it actually pulled up pictures that were long deleted from my camera that I already have.
    I went into my camera and manual transferred the images into a folder I created and named myself. But I don't like the way you rename files on the mac either. No right-click > rename? Ugh. I don't want my cameras original names as it's not consistent with my other folders/files.
    Here is what I have: Folders named by date taken, i.e. 2011-5-11 - 2011-6-1 and within the folders they are 001.jpg, 002.jpg, etc. Although another thing is I miss the thumbnails over the folder image that windows has so I can get an idea of what's in the folder.
    Anyway, what I want is an easy way to import to set the folder name up as well as name the pictures accordingly. And it'd be nice to know if there's an easy way to rename the photos all at once. On my PC I could select all the picture and right click rename, type 00 and it would name the all accordingly, sort of.

Oh, and is there a way to "delete" as opposed to "backspace" like you can on a PC? I use it a lot apparently.

Thanks for the help.

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

If you dont like iphoto and want to do things more manually check out the image capture app in the applicatins folder.

In osx therer is right click and rename... But you can also just press enter/return on a file or folder.

for deleting files you press cmd+ delete,

If you are not using a full size keyboard ( like macbook or bluetooth keyboard) you can press FN+ delete. This is the same as the traditional delete key on a windows computer.