Transfering Programs?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Skibrett3211, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Skibrett3211 macrumors member

Skibrett3211

Okay so I'm new to mac and I heard somewhere that if you have another mac computer then you can transfer you programs to your new one.

My church has an iMac with Pro-Presenter, and Final cut on it. Could I get those on my computer but the program still be functional on the other one as well??

Thanks for any help

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It will transfer them, but you will not be able to legally use them on both computers at the same time.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you have the license for those two programs?

4. Skibrett3211 thread starter macrumors member

Skibrett3211

my church has a site license for Pro-Presenter but I'm not sure about Final Cut. If they have the site license what's the best way to get it on my computer also?

5. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Generally speaking, you can simply drag and drop an application (program) from one computer to another. I'm not sure about your specific programs, but if my mac desktop has a program I want on my laptop, it's drag and drop.

Generally, Mac OSX isn't like Windows. With Winblows, you have to go with the garbage install process for the crappy Windows registry and *.dll file install to get anything to work.

6. pyramis macrumors member

Generally drag and drop works, but that said, some big and complicated apps (possibly FCP, but I don't know) don't play as nice with mere drag n' drop. Still, since it is an Apple-made app, you might have good luck.