Transfering purchased apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by berk0080, Mar 25, 2009.

1. berk0080 macrumors newbie

I have purchased quite a few apps for my ipod touch. Will I be able to transfer these if I purchase a new iphone?

Thanks!

-Justin

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Yes you will, so long as you continue to use the same iTunes account for the iPhone as you did for the iPod touch.

3. Tate macrumors member

so does that mean that you can tranfer apps from one iPhone to another? They are both on the same account. If so how would you do this? Haven't quite figured that one out yet.

4. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

I have an iPhone 3G and my wife has an iPod Touch and we both share the same iTunes account. When one of us buys an app its synched to our iTunes account, and then when either of us synchs our iPhone/Touch with iTunes you can go to applications and check the box for the applications that you want synched with the iPhone/Touch. We have about 30+ apps and have just set up the app tab in iTunes to reflect which apps we want on our device. It's pretty easy.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

As above, when you plug each iPod or iPhone into the computer and sync with iTunes, all apps are uploaded from device to iTunes. They're then available from there to be synced with the other device. The iTunes store content -- movies, songs, apps, videos, etc -- that you buy with one account can be synced with multiple devices on that account.

6. Tate macrumors member

I just synced my iPhone with iTunes and when i looked at applications it's not showing any. What am I doing wrong?

7. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

With your iPhone plugged in, in iTunes ctrl+click (right-click) on your device's name and select "Transfer Purchases". This will transfer applications from your iPhone to iTunes. You'll then be able to sync your apps to another device (on the same account).

8. Tate macrumors member

ah I got it now thanks. I had to authorize my computer to do it. DA!! LOL! :D