Resolved Transfering recorded videos from iPad to PC/Youtube

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Perene, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Perene macrumors 6502

Perene

Is there a way to transfer the 4K videos recorded in the IPP 9.7 to our computer just using wifi? The raw data, I mean. As for YouTube, how do I upload the same stuff, in 4K resolution, not modified in any way (lossless), to my channel?

Any recommended apps?

2. evamoree macrumors member

evamoree

I just email my videos to myself or use dropbox. There's a special YouTube app on the app store which may give you options for the second part.

3. Perene, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016

Perene thread starter macrumors 6502

Perene

The problem with that option is that a) most free services have attachment limits, imagine what would happen if you wanted to upload a 3 GB video? b) Dropbox is also limited to 2 GB. As for YouTube, what is the name of the app?

The way I see it here, uploading to YouTube by using the iOS only gives us standard res. and HD (which is not available when I try here, for some reason) and it's unclear if by "HD" the video is reencoded to 720p or 1080p. We need to remember that YouTube does not display videos in resolutions higher than 1080p in the iPad, even though the iPad Pro records in 4K.

What I can tell is that when I connected the iPad to my PC for the first time, it had to install Apple's driver, and in the meantime we could access all photos and videos. Among the files you could see the .MOV from the recorded video. Later, when it was all adjusted in Windows, I could not see the E:/ drive from the iPad itself. But even if we could transfer videos using iTunes, I don't find this option more practical than using the wifi and uploading the entire video to my computer.

For example, nPlayer can receive videos at the speed of 10 Megabytes/second. And I could also use a free Google Drive account that has 15 GB of free space. Perhaps the app I am searching could split the file in two, if it had more than 15 GB and if I wanted to send to GD.

The only thing I don't want is a reencode. And BTW, another reason to send to your PC is to edit the 4K video using Vegas or similar softwares. Remember that if you are doing something professional, it's always best if you record the audio using something like this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drift-Inno...109967?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1471100727&sr=1-18

And synchronize to your video later. The reason is that the audio quality using an external mic is vastly superior to what you get from the iPad.

4. Perene thread starter macrumors 6502

Perene

I found the app that sends the photos/videos from the iPad to PC, and I confirmed it sends the original .MOV, recorded in 4K:
    https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/photo-transfer-wifi-drag-drop/id674978018?mt=8

I only had to access through wifi, using 182.168.1.102:8080 in my browser, for example. In the app SETTINGS, we can define a password to gain access to the iPad contents in the PC.

5. Perene thread starter macrumors 6502

Perene

I am having some issues with the app mentioned in post #4.

First, when we click in the video link, the PC or the iPAD seems to be loading and waiting for the command already sent to be processed. I don't think it is downloading anything, just making me wait. Perhaps the reason for that is because I use this in my browser?

https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

Then, when IDM finally asks if I want to download the video recorded in the iPAD, it saves as *.MOV. However I noticed that if added to MKVToolnix, the MOV it's upside down. If I send to Youtube it's OK.

And if I send the images from camera roll to IMGUR.com, the site appears to correct them from being upside down (and I always use the iPAD in landscape). This software fixes that:
    http://annystudio.com/software/jpeglosslessrotator/

I don't know if something is configured incorrectly, but when I tried sending 4K videos recorded in the IPP 9.7 (using the built in Youtube uploader) only the HD version was available. And sometimes uploading doesn't work.

What are your experiences when trying to export images and videos from the iPAD to a PC? What methods or apps do you guys use?

6. ImBuz macrumors 6502

ImBuz

7. Perene thread starter macrumors 6502

Perene