Transfering ringtones from iRinger on 2.0??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FLYING SE7EN, Jul 11, 2008.

1. FLYING SE7EN macrumors regular

FLYING SE7EN

Will this update kill all the ringtones I have created with iRinger? Will they stay in iTunes, or will I have to re-create them? I got my iPhone in April, so I've not gone through a software update yet.

Bummer if I lose these and have to wait for iRinger to update. I've gotten rather used to my custom tones.

2. FLYING SE7EN thread starter macrumors regular

FLYING SE7EN

Alrighty then. Has anyone used iRinger to add ringtones to their 3G or 2.0 2G phone? Just want to know if I should do the update or wait a few more days till iRinger gets updated.

Thanks.

J.

3. BLee17 macrumors member

4. elbirth macrumors 65816

I don't use iRinger so I don't know how it works... but if it saves a .m4r file for you, you can just drag it to the ringtones section in your iTunes library and then sync that to your phone. I've downloaded a few ringtones online and put them on my iPhone 3G this way.

5. FLYING SE7EN thread starter macrumors regular

FLYING SE7EN

I've got a whole folder of ringtones created by iRinger in m4r format, so I guess I'm good to go. [crosses fingers]

Thanks..

J.

6. BLee17 macrumors member

iRinger works fine. In fact, there is a new software version out that is compatible with 3G; works the same.

Anyone know how to improve the quality? Kinda sucks.