Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexismybro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
hi guys and girls i was just wondering what sort of apps i can get for my iphone that will transfer my sim contacts to my iphone. thanks again for the great work

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
to transfer from my N95 to my iPhone, i just used iSync i synced my contacts to my mac and them to my iphone

idragon

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
hi guys and girls i was just wondering what sort of apps i can get for my iphone that will transfer my sim contacts to my iphone. thanks again for the great work
you can use the application called simport which can be found from installer

SMkdesigns

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2007
I have my contacts stored to my tmobile sim card, i assumed the iphone would automatically load those contacts, i have to get a software for that >?

idragon

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
I have my contacts stored to my tmobile sim card, i assumed the iphone would automatically load those contacts, i have to get a software for that >?
yeah unfortunately you have. your contacts will not be transferred automatically to the iphone

bhsu21

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Yeah on the Iphone you can't copy from SIM. I couldn't find a way to move them onto my Iphone except to type them all out on my address book on my MBP then sync it.

Maybe there is software for it though.

gtx3

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2008
I transfered 1500 contacts from my nokia to my new iphone very easily.
Just sincronized first my old nokia with pcsuite, downloaded all vcards to pc, then imported contacts (.vcf's) with outlook 2007 and then sincronized again with itunes ;) just a couple of clicks....

hypmatize

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
SoCal
If your phone is jailbroken...I assume it is there is an app called isim in cydia (probably installer as well) that will let you transfer your contacts directly from your sim to your iphone.

benny100

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2008
If your phone is jailbroken...I assume it is there is an app called isim in cydia (probably installer as well) that will let you transfer your contacts directly from your sim to your iphone.

Yea isim will work but u will have to pay for it. right??

hypmatize

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
SoCal
Yea isim will work but u will have to pay for it. right??

I'm not sure i never transfered my contacts but it showed no indication that you had to pay for it to transfer your contacts...but again i never transfered my contacts since i just got a t-mobile sim and i came from sprint so i had to manually enter in my contacts.

zmit

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2008
just to clarify the sim issue.

the iphone came out LOCKED.... meaning a new simcard.
so if you get a NEW ATT sim card.... it has no contacts on it correct?
and you dont need to put your old one in.
they never intended to have sim access for contacts. (until now)
even if you are transferring an existing number, it would transfer your contacts via itunes from the net.

isim has a features list.
"copy contacts one-by-one to/from sim"

^^^ free
i only needed to copy one or two anyway. so it worked for me

lonegungirl

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2008
Thank you about the isim information! Fortunately I have no friends, so transferring them one by one was relatively easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.