Transfering songs/movies to iPhone using WiFi?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by odedia, Jun 14, 2008.

1. odedia macrumors 65816

Hi,

My iPhone is almost dead.

I can't connect it to the PC, the speaker doesn't work, the mic doesn't work, I can only talk to people using Bluetooth... lots of problems since I dropped it... :)

My question is, can I transfer songs/movies to the iPhone using WIFI instead of connecting it to the computer with USB? I have a long flight to the states tonight and I want to put some movies there.

BTW, any chance an Apple store will fix my phone for me? It is unlocked, jailbroken, doesn't look in great shape at the moment, and I have no AT&T account. Not much chance huh?... :(

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Its not possible with the current software, sorry. Whats the problem with not being able to connect it to your PC?

3. odedia thread starter macrumors 65816

I have no idea, honestly. It's connected, it is getting charged (although you can't see the indicator that it is charging), but the computer doesn't even see it. I can't see it in System profile either.

I was thinking of just replacing old m4v files in the iTunes folder with new files (via sftp). it will still have the old movie name, but at least the movie should play it right?

Or maybe just open the files via MobilaFinder? Will that work? I'll have to give it a try...