transfering videos to PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doyle369, Jun 24, 2010.

1. doyle369 macrumors regular

how do I get a video off my iphone 4 to my pc using itunes?

thanks

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You don’t.

Use sharepod to copy it off. I know it does music, so it probably does video as well.

3. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

Using itunes?

I am not sure you can do it with itunes, but the iPhone4 acts like any other device that has memory on it. So, once you connect it to your computer, simply go to the DCIM file and open it up and you will have access to the pictures and videos taken on the phone. You can then copy and paste and do as you please. Hope that helped.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That’s only video he’s taken with the iPhone though. If not, he’s going to need software.

BTW, OP, my suggesting about sharepod probably won’t work for now, since it probably hasn’t been updated for iTunes 9.2.

Edit: It hasn’t been updated. Last update was in April for 9.1.

5. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

I understood his/her statement to specifically mean videos taken on the iPhone 4 and how to transfer them to the computer.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I know. I was just adding that in case he wasn’t. He didn’t say.

7. St8kout macrumors regular

I had been searching google to find out how to do this same thing and was surprised to find out you used to need special software (shareware) to do this.

However, that's no longer the case. When I plug in my Iphone, a box pops up in Win7 offering the option to transfer photos and videos from my iphone, so I clicked it and they are now on my PC under Computer>Mike's iphone>internal storage>DCIM>(some extra folder labled 800AAAAA), and there I see my photos and videos taken with the iphone camera. From there just drag them to Windows Video folder (or where ever) and enjoy.

My only question is, what got into Apple making itunes a one-way transfer program, yet it can backup and save your iphone data? What did they have against saving home made videos to your computer that made people have to spend money on third party shareware to do it, when it could have been a selling feature for itunes/iphone.

You would think Steve would love to show off something like that when introducing each year's new model iphone at their conferences. "Yes my friends, itunes makes it so easy that even your Grandmother can make videos with her iphone and save them on her computer with one click of the sync button."

8. jickson77 macrumors newbie

buy a USB drive, they are cheap as heck and far easier then configuring network sharing between computers.

9. St8kout macrumors regular

Huh? You must need another cup of coffee. He wants to transfer video from his IPHONE to a computer. lol