Transferred your Cydia licenses from your old 4 to 4s?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by macbookman83, Jan 19, 2012.

1. macbookman83, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

macbookman83 macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

Now that we are on the cusp of receiving this jailbreak are you guys prepared for your old tweaks and apps downloaded on your old phone (iphone 4).

Let me explain.......

I purchased iGotya which is a security app that allows you to take a pic and location of anyone who uses your phone without permission. I purchased this app back in October when I had my 4 but soon upgraded to the 4s.

Since this app uses your UDID I won't be able to use the same license when I jailbreak my 4s. I contacted the developer and he informed me that I would need to install the app on my 4s and them notify him so he can update his server with my new license. He was very speedy in the responses which is a good thing.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation so have you done the same or what do you plan to do in order to retrieve your old tweaks???

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

That's great some devs do this, but I heard others won't.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, sucks that some want you keep paying for it.
    Like if you get your iphone swapped with Applecare or upgrade you gotta buy it again.
    Doesnt make much sense but I guess some devs get greedy.
    I think iBlacklist is like that too. Needs a seperate licence for each device.

4. macbookman83 thread starter macrumors 6502

hat sucks. You would think that some devs would want to increase business with word of mouth and good reviews.

----------

I actually purchased an additional copy for my ipad but thats fine since its the same machine. The only one needing a change was my 4s since it was an upgrade from my 4.

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I've had my licenses transferred BiteSMS and iBlacklist - both two products that manager their licenses outside of Cydia. It was easy. Just email support.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Glad to hear.
    From what I heard before iblacklist was really strict about transferring licences and wouldnt do it at all. One per device and if you upgrade your phone or swap it at Apple you were SOL.
    Glad they changed their stance for the better.

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I mean, I haven't tried in a while ... so they best transfer my license! I'll be sure to cause a scene if they don't ;) They have no reason to provide bad customer service.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I think the only app I have that manages its own licenses is iFile, and that's easy to update. For all others I'll just sign into my Cydia account.

9. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Agreed. Most, if not all, of the apps on my phones have been authorized for the phone via my Cydia/Google verification. Hope that will be the same for the next time I upgrade.