Transferring a file from one folder to another using iFile?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tonyy, Feb 15, 2012.

1. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

I'm trying to transfer a file from one theme to another theme using iFile on my phone. Pretty much a "cut" then "paste" into another theme. Is that even possible?

I know how to do it using a computer but I'm at work and it would be neat to be able to upload wallpapers, docks, etc and edit themes with just using the phone.

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

In the location of the file you want to cut or copy press Edit in the top right corner of iFile then select the file then press the notepad icon in the bottom right corner and select copy or cut and then go to where you want to transfer it and press Edit then the notepad icon and then paste

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just tap edit and then tap the clipboard type symbol and it'll give you the option to copy. Repeat when you get to the folder you want to copy it in.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes possible and very easy.

Go to the folder where the original file is, click "Edit" Top right corner.
    Bubbles will appear on the left of the files, click on the file you want to "cut"
    Once you selecte it, a menu will pop up at the button, click on the "click board" looking one (all the way to the right"
    You will see options to Copy/Link or Cut - Select Cut
    Click "done" (top right corner)
    Navigate to the folder you want to place the file.
    Click "edit" one more time.
    Click the "click Board" icon on the botton menu again..
    Select "Paste"

Done! ;)

5. tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Wow, I overlooked that + icon. Just edited my themes, thanks for the help!

6. tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

One more question. How do I upload a file that I saved to my camera roll? I saved a dock image from another thread on here and want to add it to a theme.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Use a computer, (or you can "copy" the image, don't "cut" it) I would no recommend moving images from the camera roll using iFile, iOS is a database driven file, each (or most of them) files have a database link associated with it, when you move those files, the link is not remove or change and then iOS doesn't know really know how to handel those errors since you are not suppose to have access to those on the first place.

As a general Rule using iFile outside the userland is a bad idea.

8. tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I'm not sure if it'll cause any problems like maturola said but I have saved icon images and dock images from MR to my camera roll and cut and pasted or copy and pasted them from /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE to where I want them.