Transferring a single app? Update: answered myself!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brewerpaul, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

My wife and I both have IPTs and both synch via iTunes on my desktop.
    I'd like to transfer a single app in my library to her Touch-- how do I do this without transferring them all, or wiping out the ones she already has?
    Ditto for music.

2. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

I am not sure about moving apps, but I would image it would be the same as for copy protected music. Just drag and drop and when you try to play a song iTunes will prompt you for your Username and Password, and then the new iTunes account will be authorized to play your music (you can authorize up to 5 computer/accounts).
    If it's a free app just download it, if it's a paid app you might have to buy it again (if you can't authorize it like music) because Apple had been trying to stop paid app sharing.

3. Brewerpaul thread starter macrumors regular

You CAN share paid apps with someone else authorized on your computer, right?

4. Brewerpaul thread starter macrumors regular

I fiddled around a bit and figgered it out.
    With the recipient IPT plugged in and once it's done synching, click on it and you can find a tab wit several options. One option is which apps to synch. Add the desired app to that list and then re-synch. Done. And yes, it let me put the previously paid app into my wife's touch.