Transferring an unlimited data plan?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by random person, Mar 27, 2011.

1. random person macrumors 6502a

I have an unlimited data plan on my iPad 1 and now have an iPad 2 with Verizon. What I'd like to do is wipe my iPad 1 clean and give it to a friend complete with the unlimited plan. I don't even mind continuing to pay for the unlimited plan as my friend is down on his luck at the moment. So my question is -- how do I do that? If I wipe my data and restore the iPad 1 and then load it up with his data, do the settings for my unlimited plan get wiped too? Can they be reinstated easily? Does AT&T care?

Thanks for the help!

2. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Unlimited

You don't have to do anything except put sim card in and call AT&T to give them the imm number

3. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Unlimited

I'm sorry I thought you where giving him an iPad 2 your giving him yr old iPad 1 you don't have to do anything

4. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Unlimited

When you wipe it you'll have to go to cellular in setting and put yr credit card info back in. After you wipe it

5. random person thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks so much for your replies. So there are two ways I can do this -- eith get him an iPad 2 and swap the sim or wipe the iPad 1 and then go in and out the credit card info back in. So, once it's wiped doesn't automatically discontinue the unlimited plan?

6. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

You can restore/wipe the iPad 1 then update the email and credit card billing information with his information. When the 30 day prepaid unlimited is up for the month it will rebill for the next 30 days unlimited using his information.

7. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

8. random person thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you so much -- just the information I needed!