Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2011
I have been an Android user for several years. I am finally ready to move to IOS and will do so hopefully by the end of the weekend. My only major concern is that I transfer my calendar and contacts from Android to my Iphone 6 Plus. I sync my calandar and contacts with Gmail. All of the other things on my phone I know how to transfer to the Iphone 6 Plus. So, how do I make this move? Is it as simple as just opening my Gmail account on the new Iphone, and then calendar info and contacts should automatically transfer over? If so, how do I then get my calendar and contacts to sync with IOS and icloud - I no longer want to sync with Gmail. Thanks for any assistance!!!

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Transferring Android data to new Iphone?

Just log onto those accounts and it will populate.

Under setting > mail, contacts, calendars you can add, edit and turn accounts on and off.

Mojer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Just log onto those accounts and it will populate.

Under setting > mail, contacts, calendars you can add, edit and turn accounts on and off.

Ok thanks. Will I then be able to sync calendar and contacts with Icloud and move away from Google?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.