Transferring apps from 3GS to 4?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by londoner888, Jun 9, 2010.

1. londoner888 macrumors regular

londoner888

I'm currently using a 3GS and want to buy an iPhone 4 when it's released.

Thing is, I've got a shed load of apps on my 3GS, some which were expensive like Co-Pilot (£27), and a load of ebooks I bought through Kindle which I don't want to have to pay for again.

Is there any way of transferring purchased apps from iphone to iphone without having to buy again?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

They should be automatically downloaded to your iTunes on your Computer, then transferred to the iPhone 4 when you get it. If you do it correctly, you should be able to backup your 3GS on your computer, data and all, then restore it on the iPhone 4, so you don't need to loose any data in your apps.

TEG

3. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I'm upgrading my 3G to an iPhone 4 and I don't want to lose all of my Angry Birds progress! :eek:

4. Krayd2k macrumors member

I believe when u setting up your new iPhone iTunes ask your if you want to set it up as new iPhone or back up with your old iPhone in with your apps get sync

5. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Back up the apps to iTunes. You can also get the data of those apps if you restore to back up. Tho since they are two different firmware and phones it may cause a prob. Also backing up apps to iTunes then syncing and restoring to back up are 2 different things.