Transferring Apps from Old MBP to New MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mateo305ci, Jul 8, 2011.

1. mateo305ci macrumors newbie

Hello All-

I just bought a new 15" MBP to replace my 2008 15" MBP. I want to transfer my music, photos, and applications to my new MBP.

The music and photos are a no-brainer, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to transfer my apps to the new MBP as I have lost several of the installation discs that came with the Applications when I bought them.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

2. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

or
    you can get CCC program free and clone your HD and reboot your mac with ccc and reload all your info.

Works for me every time even programs like photoshop and finalcut. No serial number issues ect..

Its a very simple way to do things.
    Youtube tutorial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjp0xtj_LRY

3. mateo305ci thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been shying away from CCC because I don't necessarily want to copy everything over from my old MBP. This is my first Mac-to-Mac migration. Does anyone know if migration assistant can successfully be used to transfer the following Applications?

- Logic Studio
    - Adobe Creative Suite 4
    - MS Office Mac 2008

Thanks!

4. mikepro macrumors 6502

Migration assistant works great for transferring apps. I've done it a few times. I have Office 2008, not the other programs you mention. had no troubles with this, so I think you should be fine. Why don't you just try it and see? If concerned do a time machine or ccc backup before hand so you can roll back.