Transferring apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jeffreymarksz, Jul 30, 2010.

1. jeffreymarksz macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,
    New on the forum, but hoping someone will be able to help.

I loved my ipod touch so much, I broke down and bought a used iphone 3GS. It came with a copy of co-pilot that the guy had downloaded (which was "included" in sale, he's willing to do what needs doing to ensure it comes across legally...once we figure out what that is). I want to synch all my ipod touch apps to the iphone, but can't see a way of doing so without wiping out the copy of co-pilot (you get the "all apps will be deleted warning").

I've done the transfer purchases thing and authorised the phone on my computer/account.

I've read through numerous posts on this, but it's incredibly difficult to find a straight answer. You'd think apple would have a simple "give this app to someone else's itunes account" feature.

So, how can I get his app into my itunes account and/or synch my apps without wiping the existing one off the iphone?

Can anyone help?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

There is no way for him to "give" you this app unless he gives you his Apple login/password.

That's the straight answer.

3. jeffreymarksz thread starter macrumors newbie

So, if I get his login/password (which I think he'll be willing to do), will I be able to transfer the app?

How does this work?

4. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Well.. you just always have to login as him. You can never bring it over to your account.