Transferring audio from an app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by detoth67, Feb 22, 2011.

1. detoth67 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I tried searching on this site, but I couldn't find any answers.

I use an app from a radio station in NYC (WFMU). They have streaming audio, and also have a function to save an archive of the show onto your iPhone/Ipod for offline listening. I'd like to extract the audio to burn on a disk so I can listen to it in my car.

I've tried Senuti and TouchCopy and the files don't appear in either.

Does anyone here have any ideas how I can extract files that are downloaded into an app?

THANKS!!!

2. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

save the app as a .zip file and then explore the file and find the saved audio file and copy it to your desired location

Or if Jailbroken, SSH into the device, Change your location to the area where the application is and copy the saved audio from there.

If you need more detailed instructions, ill be happy to reply.

3. detoth67 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey! Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. I saved the app from my iTunes library, but its only the app, not the downloaded show archives. Is there a different way to save the app to a zip?

I may have to just Jailbreak my iPod. I'm running into roadblocks for all sorts of things I want to do.

4. detoth67 thread starter macrumors newbie

GOT IT! I used DiskAid to locate the files. The audio files are Audio Data, so it took a little work to convert them to MP3, but I got it to work.

5. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike