transferring contacts from 3GS to iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pez555, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

When i sync my iPhone 4 to my laptop my contacts do not sync. Is there an easy way to transfer them across without manually entering all my contacts?

i assumed the contacts would be saved on itunes or something but guess i was wrong!

thanks

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

you need to backup your 3gs on iTunes. this will take all your info off the 3gs.(but it will still be on the 3gs) then hook up your 4 and then right click on the name of the 4 in iTunes, hit restore from backup and then click on the 3gs backup. this should work.

3. bigbear27 macrumors newbie

transferring contacts from 3gs to iphone 4

I was having trouble with this for a couple of days and I had to come back here and tell everyone since what i figured out took less than 30 seconds.

The "bump" app has an option for sending contacts from one phone to another. It actually had the option to "select all" contacts. You just have to have the app on both phones and will need wifi since your old phone is deactivated.

I don't know if they charge for the app, it was one of the first apps i got on the 3gs, but i would say it was worth a few bucks for this process. You can also use it for pictures.

Here is what i did to show how easy it was...

Open "bump" app
    select "contacts"
    select "others"
    select "add contacts"
    select "select all"
    bump them together and you are done.

4. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

sync to iCloud and then do the same on the new iPhone..