Transferring contacts from iPhone 3gs to iPhone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brittanyjadexo, Sep 1, 2010.

1. brittanyjadexo macrumors newbie

Hello, new to forums. I have been converted to an Apple user, have a Macbook Pro that I love, and got my first iPhone with the 3GS. I now have the iPhone 4 and am having a bit of trouble figuring out the contacts.

How can I get all my contacts from my old iphone onto my new iphone? I've already synced the phone w/ all my apps, etc. I started manually entering some of my contacts but only did about 15 before giving up and deciding there must be an easier way.

Also, when trying to purchase ringtones on my new iPhone 4, it tells me this "P2HRingtoneDeviceUpgradePage.UpgradeString. Any tips?

Thanks. :)

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

For the Contacts, make sure you sync with your computer, at which point, the contacts should be download either into iCal/Outlook, or backed up into the backup file. If it didn't, you can restore the new iPhone from the backup for the old phone will with transfer all your settings, contacts, and apps to the new phone, exactly as they were on the old one.

You may also just need to turn on the 'Sync Contacts' entry on the iTunes section for the phone.

TEG

3. brittanyjadexo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I'm not quite sure why it didn't do that before... I just did it, and it worked. Thanks a lot for the help :)

I think I might have synced the 15 contacts I had manually put into my new phone, rather than my old contacts, and that's why it wasn't working!