Transferring contacts from iphone to comp.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maxxx85, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Maxxx85 macrumors member

I'd like to transfer all of my contacts on my iphone to my macbook pro but I can't seem to find a way to do this. Is it even possible?

2. iphone529 macrumors regular

sync

Just sync it with the iPhone and you will be good. Works great. Also if you add a bookmark in safari on the iphone, it will ad this to your current safari bookmark on the macbook.

3. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

yep, they'll all be there in your address book.

4. Maxxx85 thread starter macrumors member

5. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

yeah, this is standard in the syncing, just check off the option in the syncing options, but if you already have a bunch of address book contacts and dont want them to mess up your iphone's contact list you will have to do this:

first, create a new contact group in address book called like "iPhone" or something

second, plug in your iphone and let it sync

third, go to the contacts section on the device listing in itunes, check sync all contacts, then below that, check off add iphone contacts to a specific group (not sure if that's the exact wording), and select the group that you just made

sync again (make sure to do this)

now, go back to the contacts tab and change syncing from all contacts, to only the selected groups, and only select the group you just made, then sync again

6. Maxxx85 thread starter macrumors member

Perfect...worked like a charm, thanks guys for the quick easy help.