Transferring Contacts to iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zeisen55, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Zeisen55 macrumors member

So I'm having a bit of an issue. I use verizon and would like to backup the contacts from my old blackberry pearl 8130 so that I can transfer them to my iphone 4s when it arrives. because the phone is so old, the verizon website tells me to download the blackberry backup assistant to my computer, then plug the phone into the computer. when i try to install the assistant, it errors out saying that i have an outdated version of mac osx. it requires 10.5 and i have 10.4. i'm not able to update my version of osx.

does anyone have any ideas of how to backup the contacts? or will i just have to bring both phones into the verizon store to get the contacts transferred? thank you for your help!

2. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I had a blackberry storm with verizon when I purchased my first iPhone with AT&T. I had to bring both phones into the store, AT&T or Verizon, to transfer contacts. It literally took about 5 min. Both carriers have blackberries so they have the necessary cables to do the transfer.

Congrats on your first iPhone! You'll never look back.

3. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

You can also use Google Sync to sync your contacts to your google account and when you get your iphone 4s you can just sync them to your new phone.

4. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

If you login to your Verizon account there is actually a contact section and it uses Verizon's backup assistant to automatically transfer contacts to whatever phone you're using.