transferring data from iphone to new phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by la321, Feb 16, 2016.

1. la321 macrumors member

i have a iphone 4s that i have had for four years that is jailbroken i will be getting a iphone 6s and was wondering when i transfer my contacts, messages and apps will jailbroke will be transferred over too? i only want to transfer my contacts, messages and regular apps and don't plan on jailbreaking my new phone. i read that itunes will not locate the jailbroke apps so when transferring apps will it just transfer all apps or is there an option to choose which apps to transfer along with contacts and text messages how do i transfer my data to new phone? apple will not let me view contents in icloud since i haven't updated to iOS 8

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

No, jailbreak will not be transferred to your new phone. In any case, 6S will come with IOS 9, for sure. So, you wont have much use of your backup from 4S. I guess, you are on IOS 7, right?
    Do you have iCloud enabled on 4S?

3. la321 thread starter macrumors member

while looking over my phone i will just have to transfer my contacts and text messages if possible. it seems the apps can be downloaded from new phone. i still am using IOS 6 i never upgraded because i don't know if i will be able to keep my background i chose for my phone that i added when i bought my phone and if it will be able to transfer to new phone as my background

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

I don't understand all of the details of jailbreaking, but is it possible for you to use iTunes on a computer to backup your old iPhone? If so, that should snag contacts, settings, messages, regular apps, etc. Then plug in your new iPhone and restore.

5. la321 thread starter macrumors member

My phone sometime backs up but when charging my phone i sometime receive a message saying something like my phone hasn't been backed up in 136 weeks

6. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

Last time I used AnyTrans for the same puropse of transferring Contacts, Pictures, Tones, Messages etc. to my new iPhone.
    JB can not be transfered, but the main job will be done even by the above app's Trial version that can be tested for seven days, and during this time, you can transfer a maximum of 50 items per day.

7. la321 thread starter macrumors member

i will also be transferring my pictures and videos too. is there a limit to how much can be transferred on itunes?