Transferring Entourage 2008 from old to new laptop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brainwave89, Aug 31, 2012.

1. brainwave89 macrumors 6502

I copied my Documents folder from my old MBP to my new MBP running Lion today. After installing MS Office 2008 (I used Office 2008 on the old computer) Entourage does not see my Main Identity folder in the Microsoft User Data folder.

Is this the right way to transfer my Entourage data? What can I do so that my new computer can see the Main Identity folder that contains my old computers Entourage information?

My old MBP screen does not work anymore.

Thank you for looking.

2. ReggaeFire macrumors 6502

I would guess that your user folder has a different name on your new computer than on your old one, which might break the directory path Entourage is looking for. You should be prompted about importing information when you set up a new account, just select your old folder and it should transfer everything. If you aren't prompted, I think there is a Import option under File.

3. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Under Entourage in the Menu bar select "Switch Identity" and select the correct Identity.

I'm assuming your Documents folder is in the correct Documents folder in your new User. Entourage will only look in the default Documents > Microsoft User Data folder for your Identity.

----------

You cannot import an Identity that's the same version. You can only import from an older Identity eg Entourage 2004 for example. You can export your data as .rge file and import into a new Entourage 2008 Identity but that does not get your Accounts, Rules, Signatures etc.