Transferring files between iphone and ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sculptor310, Apr 7, 2010.

1. sculptor310 macrumors newbie

Does anyone have a solution for getting files from the ipad to the iphone to be emailed?

On the same note, does anyone have a solution for storing files on the ipad from your computer for email at a future date?

Thanks in advance

2. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

I don't have a solution for you but I am interested in the same thing. Without jail breaking either device is there an app out there that allows me to transfer files to my wifi iPad either directly over wifi (w/o an internet connection) or over bluetooth? Not trying to thread jack. I think we're asking similar things:D

3. holyjohn macrumors regular

Use Bump.
    I use it all the time- it uses BlueTooth.

4. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

Is dropbox a solution?

I'm confused. Is this because you have a wifi iPad and you're not in a wifi area but want to transfer to your iPhone to email using 3G?

Jailbreak.....use mywi or myfi (whatever it's called) to use the iPhone 3G network to mail directly from the iPad.

That's why I got a 3G iPad to not sweat that stuff.

5. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

goodreader, Air Sharing, Print and Share, (plus others) when connected to a wifi network will allow you to exchange files between the phone and ipad directly or to and from an email server (or idisk or drop box etc.)

AS well, with these (sort of) Apps you can place files into them (arranging them in folders etc) from email, from you computer or other wifi devices directly and also via web downloads.

You can view and some cases edit the files, then if you wish send them on via the same methods, and even print them on a printer available to a wifi network.

6. True Tao macrumors member

I' ve been using an app called photo transfer. Works great so far over wi fi connection for both pictures and video

7. Juggertha macrumors member

Juggertha

8. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

Mover+ its the best app for transferring files, i use it all the time to move photos from my macbook pro to my ipad and from my ipad to my iPhone!

9. diane143 macrumors 6502a

I downloaded that one first, and IIRC the first thing I was supposed to do is create an account. I refuse to create an account to share files between my own devices.

I then downloaded PhotoShare which did just what I needed (I wanted to get iPhone pix to the iPad). I did discover a bug in this one though - the pix, although saved in my camera roll, are not able to be emailed to anyone! I can see them fine but not send them. They show up as a blank box with a red x in them.

10. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

AirDisk Pro and Phone Drive are both universal apps and lets you transfer to and from iPad/iPhone with Bluetooth or Wifi.

11. b.c. macrumors 6502

@sculptor310
    if I understand your question correctly, you want to be able to put files somewhere and later be able to send those files as attachments via email sent from your iPad or iPhone, is that correct?

if so, either (or both) Dropbox and Goodreader will let you do that.

e.g. store your file(attachment) in your Dropbox, then you can upload it to your iPad or iPhone, then click the "Email Link" button to generate an email from within the iOS Dropbox app. this will create an email with a URL link to that file in your Dropbox.

if you use Goodreader, you can store the document locally on your iOS device within Goodreader (you can first upload the doc to Goodreader via Dropbox, iDisk, or directly from the internet via URL) - then when you click "Email File" in Goodreader it creates an email containing the actual doc attachment.

12. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

Phone Drive is the best for this. It allows wifi or bluetooth transfer of any type of file between ipads and/or iphones. It also supports open-in functionality after you download the file, and supports background downloading. <1 mb/s on bluetooth, <5 mb/s on wifi.