transferring files from a pc to a mac

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pcs are junk, Oct 13, 2009.

1. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

hi, i have a macbook 13 inch aluminum, and i was wondering if there was anyway, i could drag a file from my pc desktop, and drop it onto my mac desktop, without putting it into any sort of folder. i have searched all over google and youtube for the answer, but i cannot find anything. if someone could please help me this would be well appreciated! thanks in advance!

2. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

no i mean like where its like one mouse travels back and forth through 2 different desktops, while its carrying the file.

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Are you looking for a remote desktop application to share with? Your best bet is just to either connect the two computer directly and drag/drop between them after enabling file sharing or use an external disk.

4. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

6. rowsdower macrumors 6502

I think what you are asking for is to use a single mouse and keyboard, one monitor connected to a Mac and one monitor connected to a PC, and to be able to drag files from the Mac monitor into the PC monitor. I don't know of any software to do this. There are various ways to share the mouse and keyboard (e.g. Synergy) and also ways to copy files between the two (file sharing), but I don't think that is exactly what you want.

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Ethernet cable...or you could use WiFi, but it's quite slow.