Transferring Files - iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bworthey, Feb 21, 2009.

1. bworthey macrumors newbie

Ok, so I just got my MacBook, and I know at setup it asked about transferring files, etc. I know that the majority of my files I can transfer to my MacBook and work. My question is is there anyway of transferring my iTunes library or do I have to (re)add every single CD I have :eek: to the library here on my MacBook?

I think I know the answer, but I HAD to ask....

2. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
  3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

What's your current computer? There's no need to copy from your iPod if you have an intact iTunes library on another computer.

4. bworthey thread starter macrumors newbie

My iTunes library is on my Dell laptop, which my wife will primarily be using. The MacBook will be MY primary computer. I want my library on the Mac. And I just didn't know if this was possible without simply adding each CD to iTunes on my Mac.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You should just be able to copy the iTunes folder from C:\Documents and Settings\name\My Documents\My Music\ on your Dell to /Users/name/Music/ on your MacBook.

6. bworthey thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, that sounds good. I've noticed though that for some reason not ALL of my songs show up under that folder, but that's beside the point. Are you saying I can just connect the two computers?