Transferring Files Mac>PC , PC>Mac using Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by luxo1, Jun 12, 2012.

1. luxo1 macrumors newbie

Hi all:

I've searched the forums, so pardon me if this information is easily available and I am just not getting it or finding it......

First:

Is there an easy way to transfer a file from the Mac side of my iMac, (10.6.8) to the Windows 7 side that runs on bootcamp? I know that I can use a USB stick....

Is there an easy way to transfer a file from the PC side, (Bootcamp: Windows 7) to the Mac side, (10.6.8) ? I know that I can use a USB stick....

I found a neat little program, (BootChamp) on these forums that lets me quickly boot into Windows from my Mac.

Second:

I am running system 10.6.8 -- I will probably upgrade my Mac OS at some point. Will this affect my Windows 7 bootcamp partition? I don't want to lose everything and reinstall a gazillion programs, etc.

Thanks so much for any help that you can provide.

2. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

3. luxo1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks......any quality shareware or freeware out there ??

4. Sincci macrumors regular

Bootcamp drivers have been able to read hfs+ partitions since version 3.0 or something and snow leopard is also able to read ntfs/fat32/exfat partitions without any additional drivers. For me this is usually enough since I don't need the write ability when transferring files between the two operating systems.

Also, you can upgrade your osx if you wish to and it won't affect your windows 7 installation in any way, but you might want to download the latest bootcamp drivers (4.0 in lion) by using the bootcamp assistant in osx, copy the drivers to something like an usb stick and run the installer in windows to update your drivers.

5. luxo1 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Works perfectly on SL. But if you have Lion, i dont know... http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/