Transferring Files

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by krawfo, Jun 3, 2012.

1. krawfo macrumors regular

Forgive this newbie question but I'm trying to figure out how to transfer some pdf files to my iPad 3. I will be traveling and probably won't have access to wifi or 3g so I need the files stored on the iPad.
    Any suggestions much appreciated.

2. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

Just hook up your iPad to iTunes and then drag the pdf files to it. Go to the iBooks app on your iPad, click on the "Collections" button to switch from books to pdf.

3. John Adams macrumors regular

Too bad you can't just drag and drop files into an Apple device like you can with any other. That is one thing I certainly miss about my Android. Apple has you by the balls with iTunes.

4. krawfo thread starter macrumors regular

Pure3D2, thanks for the help. It worked like a champ :D

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

iTunes manages the iPad but it's harly more draconian than "drag and drop". As long as you have the "manually manage" button checked on the iPad (bypassing "sync") then you're just dragging and dropping (albeit on the iTunes window). Not particularly cumbersome.

6. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Quick and dirty is to just email it to yourself. Then from the mail app you can move them over to ibooks. I do it all the time.