Transferring from Ipad to Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by unbelievable99, Dec 23, 2012.

1. unbelievable99 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I want to transfer my stuff from my Ipad to my mac (itunes library and my notes). When I connet it with the Ipad to USB connector, it doesnt come on on finder, instead it opens itunes with my ipad syncing. So how do I send info from Ipad to Mac?

Thanks

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Your iPad won't show up in Finder, it is not recognized as HD and iTunes is the way to go.
    In iTunes right click on the iPad under devices and click on transfer purchases from ....
    DO NOT Sync, otherwise everything is erased on your iPad.
    I think you can also click backup but not 100% sure.

3. unbelievable99 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply, I'm new to itunes 11, and on the top right it says iPad, but it doesnt right click. So how do I get to devices option because I cant see it.
    Thanks

4. justperry, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012

justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Because it's in the SideBar, you first have to make it appear.
    I am on an older system and don't have iTunes 11 but I think it might be under view in the Menu Bar.
    Then you will see it in the Sidebar.

Edit: I am pretty sure after you clicked "transfer purchases from ...." you better back up your device BEFORE even thinking about syncing.

5. unbelievable99 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone, I found out how to do it. One last question, when I transfer purchases, I dont want all my apps to be transferred, because some aren't mine, but rhey are needed on the iPad. so if i delete them on the mac, will they delete on the iPad? And can i do anything to prevent that from happening?

Thanks