Transferring from iPhone back to iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Big Stevie, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Big Stevie, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014

Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

I've somehow deleted my iTunes library. The library still exists on my iPhone but as soon as I sync it with my MacBook then I'll lose everything off my phone as well. Is there an easy way of transferring the content of my iPhone 5 back onto iTunes, or do I have to find all the music/video etc on my MacBooks hard drive and drag it onto iTunes, and then sync?

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

1. If you backed up your stuff on your Mac it should be there. There is a backup either on your computer or in iCloud. Look for the backup.

2. I use others iPads/iPods on my computer. You should log out of iTunes store first before syncing or using iTunes. Try login out of iTunes Store first before you connect your iPhone.

3. Next time If you are managing someone's iPad.. if you really don't want to mess up, create a Guest user to access your computer. I do this with my Parents iPhones. Create a Guest user - go to system preferences - user/groups - set up new user.

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

4. Big Stevie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Thanks for both replies:)

Ive just tried the free unregistered version of iPod.iTunes and it worked a treat. It stated that some items may not have transferred over, due to me only using the free version, but it looks like it actually transferred everything. Thanks:)

----------

Im going to give that a try with the family iPad, thanks :)

5. Ryanmas, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014

Ryanmas macrumors newbie

I have the same problem I've looked up and I'm trying to understand if it works. My laptop crashed so I lost everything that was on it. I've redownloaded itunes and I'm just scared of synchronizing my folders as I might lose everything. Not much for the music as I can always get that back ... but i made a bunch of albums for my pictures that was synched to my old desktop. Now if I can't add or modify the albums without the risk of having them all deleted. Knowing that many of those pictures are my only copy i'm really trying to find out how to do this. It would really suck if I can't get them out of my phone.

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

That iPod.iTunes app is designed to transfer the files that you have on an iOS device, such as your iPhone, to your computer.
    Give it a try, doesn't cost anything to try it out.

7. Big Stevie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

DeltaMac speaks with truth tongue. That app worked for me. My iTunes library had disappeared but was still on my iPhone. The app put everything from my phone back into my iTunes library.