transferring i tunes music to usb

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by davemufc49, Apr 7, 2013.

1. davemufc49 macrumors newbie

Have just bought a new car with the option to play multimedia through car radio,i have a 15 inch macbook pro that i would like to transfer some of my i tunes music onto a usb stick ,can anyone help please.

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Open iTunes, select all the songs you want to transfer and then drag them onto the USB stick.
    Better way is to make a playlist, name it USB for instance, drag the Music you want to the USB playlist then select the USB playlist, select all (Command-A) and drag them to the USB stick, this way is better because you can drag 1 or several songs to the playlist, the chance you make mistakes is less.

3. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

What format are your song files in? If it's not MP3 (or maybe AAC), then you will have to convert them. Does anyone know a seamless way of doing that, similar to how you can convert songs automatically to AAC when transferring to an iPod/iPhone?

David

P.S. Could someone move this to a more appropriate forum? It's not about the Mac Pro at all.

4. ClassObject, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013

ClassObject macrumors 6502

ClassObject

I can't simply copy from iTunes to USB. Microsoft sync can't handle hidden "._" files in my car. I get rid of the offending files after copying from the USB drive like this in the terminal:

find /Volumes/<your-usb-volume-name> -name '._*' -type f -delete