Transferring iblacklist to new phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lnferno, Jan 23, 2012.

1. lnferno macrumors 6502

For those of you that installed iBlacklist on your iPhone 4S and had it on your previous iPhone, what's the process for activating it once you've installed it and already purchased it previously?

2. iFiend macrumors 65816

When I got a replacement unit from Apple, due to display issues, I had to email the devs. There was no other way (that I could see) to do it.

The devs for iBlacklist suck btw, because when I emailed them, they made it seem like I was trying to get over on them or something. They actually wanted me to send a scanned copy of the receipt I got from Apple that showed my old phone UDID and the one for my new phone.

I told them to stuff it.

3. TC25 macrumors 68020

The process and the requirements for this are in the iBlackList manual which is available at their web site.

If you need to transfer your license to a new device, please do the following:
    • Send your transaction ID, old device register key and new device register key to sales@iblacklist.com.br and wait for further instruction.

4. htownmade1984 macrumors regular

Sounds like it would just be easier to pay the $10 again

5. kevintech macrumors 6502

seriously. and its developers like this that do not help anti piracy

6. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Yes its been these way with several cydia tweeks , bitesms i always buy again because they request invoice ID along with the paypal email , iblacklist also ; they should implement what lockinfo developer do ! easy transfer with a confirmation email to the one you use to pay !

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

I've never had to re-buy biteSMS.

8. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Bitesms is the easiest to transfer, the customer service is awesome, no reason to buy it again, just shoot them an email and they'll respond asap.

I re installed iblacklist and lockinfo right away with no problems.

9. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

i never say bitesms is hard to restore..... i said that they could just implement a easy way license transfer like lockinfo do wich is very simple . not with invoice id because not everyone have paypal account or either save invoices , iblacklist the same either way i just save the hassle and buy then again they worth it :)

10. FirePak macrumors regular

These guys are pure crap. No one seems to get the same answer either. One friend of mine emailed them to transfer the license and they wanted to charge him 6$. Another has emailed them 5 times and heard nothing. I wish there was a decent alternative.

11. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

I save the hassle sir , i buy then again when i get the chance everytime with new device

12. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I emailed them about this and I havnt heard anything back... My 3rd time paying for this app.... I'm Not to happy about it

13. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I bought this the other day..... it will be the last time I buy anything not through Cydia. Never had a problem buying anything from there.

14. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I originally paid for iBlacklist. Got a replacement phone, emailed support twice and they didn't even respond. So I just downloaded the cracked version. Makes me mad because I supported this program legally.

15. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Thats what I ended up doing. Don't have time to wait for the dev to do anything.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a scumbag company.
    I heard tons of complains like that for iblacklist.
    I would never give them a penny.
    They been shady like that for years now.

17. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

while on the subject...can anyone get it to work for a busy signal? i use that setting, and the people im testing it with say they get VM...no busy signal.

18. HPLouis macrumors regular

I have iProtect, and it's made by the same company, iDevMobile.

I spent 2 weeks flaming them all over Twitter and harassing them through email before they transferred my license to my new phone. I was so pissed.

I saw tons of other people experiencing the same problems with them on Facebook and Twitter.

19. lnferno thread starter macrumors 6502

I think these posts all sum it up. I won't pay for it again out of principle that I paid for it legally already once.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So what happened, they're ignoring you too?
    Nice way to treat their paying customers that supported them I see:rolleyes:

21. lnferno thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup, I emailed them and never heard back.

That's really poor business practice. Again, this is a matter of principle at this point. I'm one of the users that will make DONATIONS to developers when they don't even sell their tool. I did this yesterday as a matter of fact with a developer that developed a tool for the Mac that allows you to copy/store your Photostream files locally. Again, it was a free tool, but I paypal'd him $10 -- I just think it's the right thing to do since I got a lot of value from that tool he developed. I have no problem paying someone for software, but I do have a problem paying for it twice, especially when you get piss-poor customer service.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you.
    I donated $20 to the jb dream team also.
    It's just scumbags like iblacklist that I would never support.

23. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

I bought iBlacklist over a year ago on my 4, for $12. Their website states - although not terribly clearly - that if you bought within a year ago, you can send them your PayPal transaction info and they will transfer your license. If it was over a year ago, you can pay for a transfer to your new phone at a 50% discount, so it cost me $6. Well worth it, in my opinion.

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why would it matter if you bought it a year ago or sooner?
    So every year you update your device you have to buy it again?
    Doesn't make any sense.

25. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

The funny thing is that WHEN the iphone gets a screen bump a lot apps on the store will claim that they had to "re-work" there app so they will release as "version 2.0" and charge for it again like they most charge for separate versions of the ipad/phone app :)