Transferring iBooks downloaded on iPad into iTunes?

Noisemaker

Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Does anyone know how to do this? I downloaded a ton of the Project Gutenberg ebooks, and want them backed up on my Mac. However, I can't seem to find an option to import them from my iPad into iTunes?

Anyone know how to do this?

jbm32

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2010
Georgia
I'm having the same problem transfering iBooks that I downloaded from the Apple Store. When I check the iBooks Sync in iTunes on my PC, a warning pops up saying that if I continue all music, movies, and TV showes will be removed from my iPad.

I continued with the sync and a copy of the iBooks on my iPad were transferred to iTunes on my PC, but it Did Remove all my music, movies, and TV shows from my iPad.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I might add that I manual sync music, movies, and TV shows to my iPad and Touch.

bobsimmons

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2009
Ok, try this, it worked for me. Right-click on your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch in the sidebar. Click "Transfer Purchases." When it is finished, go to the iTunes Preferences (Command+, on a Mac and Ctrl+, on Windows) and enable Books. You should now have a Books tab in your Library and your books should all be there. Hope this helps!