Transferring iBooks downloaded on iPad into iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Noisemaker, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Noisemaker Guest

Mar 13, 2009
    Does anyone know how to do this? I downloaded a ton of the Project Gutenberg ebooks, and want them backed up on my Mac. However, I can't seem to find an option to import them from my iPad into iTunes?

Anyone know how to do this?
  2. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

Dec 10, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    They don't sync automatically? That's odd, I would expect them to sync along with the rest of the iPad.
  3. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Mar 25, 2006
    Central Coast, California
    They sync'd automatically for me.

When you plug in your iPad check the Books tab and look at the settings there...
  4. Noisemaker thread starter Guest

Mar 13, 2009
    I did that - If I check the box, it warns that it will erase all data on the iPad?!
  5. goobot macrumors 603

Jun 26, 2009
    long island NY
    are you using a different computer from which you set up the ipad?
  6. jbm32 macrumors newbie

Apr 6, 2010
    I'm having the same problem transfering iBooks that I downloaded from the Apple Store. When I check the iBooks Sync in iTunes on my PC, a warning pops up saying that if I continue all music, movies, and TV showes will be removed from my iPad.

I continued with the sync and a copy of the iBooks on my iPad were transferred to iTunes on my PC, but it Did Remove all my music, movies, and TV shows from my iPad.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I might add that I manual sync music, movies, and TV shows to my iPad and Touch.
  7. bobsimmons macrumors newbie

Aug 3, 2009
    Ok, try this, it worked for me. Right-click on your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch in the sidebar. Click "Transfer Purchases." When it is finished, go to the iTunes Preferences (Command+, on a Mac and Ctrl+, on Windows) and enable Books. You should now have a Books tab in your Library and your books should all be there. Hope this helps!