Transferring iLife apps by just dragging them?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Karvel, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Karvel macrumors regular

My copy of Leopard should arrive tomorrow (touch wood) from the Apple HE store but there's only niggling issue I would like some clarification on - is it possible to transfer any of the iLife apps (iPhoto etc.) onto a DVD-RW and then onto my clean Leopard installation and they then work normally? I'm not asking because I'm a lazy student, but rather have lost my installation disc (I am assuming that Apple don't offer replacements if I prove my license etc.?). Another copy iLife 08 would be about 35 quid on the Apple HE store but it's another expense I'd rather do without :eek:

Thank you

2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

With Leopard, the iLife apps are closer to drag and drop than with Tiger, which was missing more components.

However, not everything is in the application. You also need the iphoto themes, Garageband instruments, and iDVD themes.

You should copy the iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto, and Garageband foldres in System > Library > Application support, and put them in your new installation along with the apps. Can't gaurantee this is all you're need, but I think it is.

You might consider an archive and install with settings/app save instead. It's a very good installation method, and you won't lose the apps.