Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bob616

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I currently have two Apple ID's one for my iTunes purchases and another for my iCloud. The reason for this is because I had MobileMe before Apple allowed you to have one ID for both email and iTunes services.

My current issue is that my iMessaging, FaceTime, Game Center, and maybe other services that aren't coming to mind are associated with my iTunes Apple ID and I would like to to be switched over to my iCloud Apple ID. That way my iTunes Apple ID is only for iTunes purchases and my iCloud Apple ID handles everything else.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thank you in advance!

kds1

Suspended
Feb 17, 2013
New York, New York
I currently have two Apple ID's one for my iTunes purchases and another for my iCloud. The reason for this is because I had MobileMe before Apple allowed you to have one ID for both email and iTunes services.

My current issue is that my iMessaging, FaceTime, Game Center, and maybe other services that aren't coming to mind are associated with my iTunes Apple ID and I would like to to be switched over to my iCloud Apple ID. That way my iTunes Apple ID is only for iTunes purchases and my iCloud Apple ID handles everything else.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thank you in advance!

There's no way to do this, as Apple doesn't combine or merge Apple ID's, or otherwise transfer data from one Apple ID to another.

Question: Do you have an iPhone? Just wondering because Face Time and iMessage would then (or could be then) be associated with your phone number.

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008

Sure, just sign out of your iTunes ID on all those services, and sign in with your iCloud ID. If and when you get a new machine, sign in with your iCloud Apple ID and when you're all done, go to iTunes preferences and sign out of your iCloud ID and sign in with your iTunes account.

I do the same thing you want to do, one ID for iCloud, and one for iTunes. It works fine.

A.

Note that Apple won't *move* anything for you. For instance, if you have purchased stuff in iTunes on your 'iCloud' ID, it's stuck there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.