Transferring iPad Home Screen bookmarks to iTunes possible?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by patent10021, Mar 14, 2014.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Normal bookmarks and reading lists get auto sync'd via iCloud but how can I sync the books marks I save to my Home Screen to iTunes? You can't right? You have to manually open them on the iPad then click the iCloud button on your Mac to open them right?

They won't get backed up as part of iOS data right? This should be addressed in a future update. Home screen book marks should be treated as "apps" or "app data".

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

My Safari bookmarks are always backed up as part of iOS backup to iTunes. I restore to a new device, my bookmarks are all there. Even sites where all I have clicked is "Add to Home Screen" - Again, a restore to a new device and the icons are all there.

I can also open Safari on my Mac and see all my iOS bookmarks - because I have told Safari to sync to iCloud on all my devices. Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, I think it's all possible as-is.

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Hi

Interesting. Obviously the regular bookmarks and reading list gets saved in iCloud but whenever I did a backup I don't remember seeing my Home Screen bookmarks on the iPad still. Hmmm I'll have to confirm as I'm selling my iPad 2.

It's already at almost $400 on eBay. Crazy!! I'm getting a new Retina iPad Mini.

Are people crazy or what? :eek: