transferring iphoto library on my iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alizerinstar, Feb 20, 2011.

1. alizerinstar macrumors newbie

I just had my MacBook Pro repaired and all of my files were removed. I had backed up my computer on an external hard drive, however the hard drive was dropped by my daughter and broke. I have all of my images from my iphoto library on my iphone, however I cannot find an application that will transfer them back onto my newly repaired computer. Anyone know of how I can save all of my images from the last 4 years (my engagement, wedding, and daughter's baby pics...)? I'm sooooo upset!:(

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Connect your iPhone to the Mac and with iPhoto you can copy them to your Mac. Other program is Image Capture that comes already installed in Mac OS X.

JUST BE CAREFUL ABOUT ERASING THE PHOTOS AT THE END OF THE PROCESS, I SUGGEST YOU NOT TO DELETE THEM AT THE END.

And back up one more time to another external HDD.

Also in a Windows PC the iPhone is seen as a camera when you connect it, and have the Apple drivers installed.

About the broken HDD, don't loose it, there are some software out there and even some pro companies that maybe can recover some date for you. Google about it.

3. alizerinstar thread starter macrumors newbie

I was able to transfer images from my "camera roll" but not from my "photo library". Any suggestions?

4. alizerinstar thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried the iPhone Explorer and I still can't seem to get my "photo library" transferred over. I have no problem getting my "camera roll" transferred. I have dragged and dropped the photo folder from my iPhone to my iPhoto several times and it isn't working. Dang it!

Do you know anything about irip?

5. luisadastwin macrumors regular

luisadastwin

I also once lost all the data in my PC and I had it all in my iPhone.. I was terrified to sync it with iTunes and loose it all...

Be very careful not to SYNC with iTunes at any time.

You can copy the Camera Roll with a simple file explorer but not the Photo Library! For that and a lot of other stuff you need a specific software.

I got TouchCopy and I was able to backup a lot of stuff, even the SMS it uses iTunes to access iPhone files but don't let iPhone open it.

Read the instructions carefully before using it of find other software for this.

Cheers and Good Luck!!!!

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If I'm not mistaken, you cant get the photos from the "photo library" on the phone unless you are jailbroken. I bet that you are finding that the "photo library" on the phone wont open with iPhone Explorer.

Another consideration, is that the photos on your phone have been optimized for the phone when you synced, and depending on which iPhone you have (iPhone 4 has much higher res), the resolution could be greatly reduced, making the photos almost worthless to view on anything but a small screen device.

I think that your best bet is to remove the HDD from the external that got dropped, buy an external enclosure for it, and see if that drive is still good.