Transferring iTunes files between a PC and a Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheFirmBiz, Oct 4, 2014.

1. TheFirmBiz macrumors newbie

Hey guys, first time poster. I just bought the new macbook retina 13 inch and it should arrive in a few days. My question is, I have a large collection of music, around 27gb worth, and I was wondering if there was an easy way to transfer the files.

Some were iTunes purchases, so I know those should transfer easily, the rest are purchases from Amazon MP3, mixtapes from various websites, and of course "free" music that I've collected over the years from various sources.

So already that's a lot of sources of music. On top of that, the albums in my iTunes account aren't really albums "as is". Meaning that there are some albums that had bonus tracks, or unreleased tracks, that I added to the original album manually, so while I may have the .zip or the MP3 folder from Amazon or whatever the case is, the individual tracks that I've downloaded aren't in those folders.

So I was wondering if there was some way that I could take my iPod or iPhone, put it in my new Mac and have everything transfer over.

I would much rather have everything on one computer, rather than having to keep one computer specifically for music, while I use the other for daily uses.

So is there any easy way to get this done? Maybe I can upload my iTunes backup to google drive and then download it to my Mac or something?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Wirbowsky macrumors member

3. TheFirmBiz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a ton for this, will either do the home sharing or the external drive. Thanks.