Transferring iTunes from iPod to MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Morod, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Hi all,
    I'm posting this problem for a friend. This is all the info I have. Can anyone help? Thanks!:

"Ok, yesterday I did something really dumb and somehow erased my entire desktop computer drive while trying to update the OS...
    It is actually a Mac Book Pro hooked up to a monitor... and not my main computer. I did have most of my important files backed up and most of my software as well. The big lost is my itunes library which I only had on that computer and my iPod.

I come to find out that iTunes now allows you to re-download your purchased music via iCloud in the new iTunes... so I download that to my main computer and am in the process of downloading. I got half way through and then it hit a glitch cause one song was not ava, so I 've been doing the rest manually... no big deal but it asked for my password again and the button I had to click said "buy"! I am really hoping I'm not being charged again for these?

I would think it would say so and how much somewhere...? Anyone done this?

I do think it is great to have this new option as I, like many of you have multiple devices..."