Transferring itunes libraries

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kittenyukki, Jul 19, 2011.

1. kittenyukki macrumors newbie

I don't know if its even possible, but I think it is. .
    I recently deleted a server in my laptop, thinking it would be good to start fresh and delete all the files from it being so overused, from accidental downloads that sort of thing. . .
    I didn't think to much into my itunes library.
    Here I am on a newly created server, but the same acer windows laptop and my library from before hasn't synced in.
    Have I lost all my music from before?
    I thought with my last laptop the music from it had transfered onto this one when I downloaded itunes again, apparently not.
    Any help?

2. Heisler98 macrumors member

Unless you have a backup of your iTunes library, no, you can't get it back if you fully deleted it. Although the beta iCloud does allow you to redownload songs and apps and books that you've already paid for for free, it doesn't help much if you have 300 songs.

I hope that answers your question...I guess I don't fully understand. If you just deleted your iTunes program and still have the library, you can dig into your User folder and find the library that is there, but that doesn't sound like what happened. You can TRANSFER your iTunes library, yes, and that's what it says in the title of this thread. And you can do that by either digging into your PC's Program Files or simply exporting your library.

But if your library is gone, it's gone, dude. The only way to fix that is the iCloud no-rebuying thing.